|Maximum Bulk Temperature
|Minimum Use Temperature
|Flash Point (Closed Cup)
Fast-acting emergency heat transfer system cleaner and reviver. It softens, dissolves, and cleans carbon deposits and sludge within heat transfer systems. It is an effective maintenance solution for the removal of hard carbon deposits during emergency shutdowns and planned outages. This unique formulation helps to restore system performance and efficiency by removing fouling from heat transfer surfaces.
- Potent system cleaner suitable for severely fouled systems
- Treat Rate: 100% of system volume.
- Maximum Use Temperature: 65°C / 150°F
- Not suitable for use as a heat transfer fluid
- No unpleasant odor or fumes
- Flush with RelaFlush Fluid after use
WHY RELACLEAN SC?
Thermal fluid degradation is commonplace in today’s demanding and unpredictable production environment. Poor quality heat transfer fluids and or operator error can also play a major role. Oxidation leads to the formation of coke deposits and sludge. At an advanced stage, this can become protracted, leading to inefficient heat transfer, safety concerns and production issues. RelaClean SC was designed to rectify the effects of fluid degradation by restoring heat transfer systems back to their ‘as-built’ clean condition. Results are obvious within hours, making RelaClean SC, one of the most effective system cleaners in the industry.
- Drain existing fluid completely from system
- Install a mesh screen in the Y-strainer to catch semi-solids
- Add Relatherm SC at 100% of system volume
- Let Relatherm SC soak in system for 1 – 3 hours
- Start system, turn on heat and raise temperature to 150°F (65°C)
- Circulate cleaner for 4 – 6 hours at 149°F (65°C)
- Turn off heat and drain cleaner when warm
- Caution: Use adequate protective clothing and face protection. Hot thermal fluid can cause serious burns.