|Maximum Bulk Temperature
|Minimum Use Temperature
|Flash Point (Closed Cup)
Industry-leading system cleaner compatible with Ucon 500®, Duratherm G and other Polyalkylene Glycol-based Heat Transfer Fluid. It is a fast-acting, light-to-moderate heat transfer system cleaner used to clean deposits and varnishes left behind by low grade PAG fluids. It is a safe, effective, and non-disruptive system cleaner that can be used in production up to 260°C/500°F.
Thermal fluid degradation is a common occurrence with low quality grade PolyAlkylene Glycol (PAG) Heat Transfer Fluids. Coupled with today’s demanding and unpredictable production environment, operator error and system upsets can also play a major role. Oxidation leads to the formation of coke deposits and sludge. At an advanced stage, this can become protracted, leading to inefficient heat transfer, safety concerns and production problems. R-Clean was designed to rectify the effects of fluid degradation in PAG systems. It restores these systems back to their ‘as-built’ clean condition. Results are obvious within hours, making R-Clean, one of the most effective PAG system cleaners in the industry.
- Drain existing fluid completely from system
- Install a mesh screen in the Y-strainer to catch semi-solids
- Add R-Clean at 100% of system volume
- Start system, turn on heat and raise temperature to operating temperature (up to a maximum of 260°F/500°C)
- Circulate cleaner for 6-8 hours, longer for more severe cases
- Turn off heat and drain cleaner when warm
- Caution: Use adequate protective clothing and face protection. Hot thermal fluid can cause serious burns.