Top Seven Triggers For Heat Transfer Fluid Testing
- Regular heat transfer fluid changeout scheduled time is near
- The commissioning of a new system, a fluid test and analysis will set the benchmark for future comparisons.
- Virgin heat transfer fluid is used to top-off used heat transfer fluid
- The occurrence of process upsets that causes system temperature to go outside the minimum or maximum use temperatures specified for the heat transfer fluid. A fluid test and analysis helps to determine if there are any detrimental effects on the thermal fluid.
- The observance of pump cavitation, boiler set-point issues, system performance problems and product quality problems attributable to imprecise temperature control.
- A contaminant gets into the heat transfer fluid
- An existing production process or system is re-engineered or modified.
See recommendations on heat transfer fluid sampling and testing frequency here.